What is CPT
- Common Proficiency Test is a centralized eligibility test to do CA course, which is conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
- The test is taken after 10+2 for admission into Chartered A ccountancy course.
- The FOUR hour CPT test consists of objective questions covering on FUNDAMENTALS OF ACCOUNTS, MARCANTILE LAW, GENERAL ECONOMICS & QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE.
- The CPT test is divided in to TWO sessions; each session contains 100 objective questions.
- Session I contains 100 objective questions; 60 from FUNDAMENTALS OF ACCOUNTS and 40 from MARCANTILE LAW. Each correct answer carries 1 mark, for every wrong answer ¼ mark will be deducted.
- Session-II contains 100 objective questions; 50 from GENERAL ECONOMICS and 50 from QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE. Each correct answer carries 1 mark, for every wrong answer ¼ mark will be deducted.
- CPT Registration fee will be Rs.6200/-should be paid in the form of DEMAND DRAFT of any Nationalized Bank, in favour of THE SECRETARY,ICAI, CHENNAI.
- The application and prospectus cost is Rs.100/- can be paid in cash.
- Examination frequency –twice a year – JUNE & DECEMBER every year.
Get Complete info in pdf here:- Download CPT pdf