Neural-Network-free-download-full-ebookApril 15, 2014
Current Affairs April 2014April 15, 2014
Current Affairs :- 28th march
- The Supreme Court today handed over the reins of BCCI to Sunil Gavasker:- A bench of justices A K Patnaik and F M Ibrahim Kalifulla, which had yesterday proposed barring CSK and RR in the tournament, however, refused to pass order in this regard allowing them to play the matches along with six other teams in the tournament beginning April 16 in Dubai.
- Canara Bank opens its 6,000th ATM at Vikasa Soudha:- Canara Bank has opened its 6000th ATM at Vikasa Soudha (Secretariat Building), Bangalore. The new ATM was inaugurated by R.K. Dubey, Chairman and Managing Director of the bank, along with Sanjiv Kumar, Karnataka Principal Secretary, DPAR. V.S Krishnakumar, Executive Director, and Ravindra Bhandary, General Manager, were present on the occasion.
- SEBI gets back power to act against ponzi schemes:- the capital market regulator, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), has got back the power to act against ponzi schemes, illegal deposit schemes and assess call data records in securities-related offences, besides others.
- Earth Hour is being observed today across the world:- People will turn off all non-essential lights to raise awareness about environmental challenges from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm local time. Earth Hour is a worldwide movement organized by the World Wide Fund for Nature to engages a massive mainstream community in a wide range of environmental issues. It was started as a lights-off event in Sydney, Australia in 2007. Since then it has grown to engage more than 7000 cities and towns worldwide
- Saudi King appointed half-brother Moqren as next heir to throne:- Abdullah, the king of Saudi Arabia on 27 March 2014 appointed his half-brother Moqren (69) as the next heir to the throne. This step has paved a way for Moqren to become a future king of the world’s largest exporter of crude oil.
- Heena wins silver in Fort Benning, one step closer to World No 1:- She now has the maximum medals in a World Cup by any Indian pistol shooter. World number two air pistol shooter Heena Sidhu continued her impressive form as she clinched a silver medal at the ISSF World Cup in Fort Benning, USA, the feat taking her closer to the numero uno spot in her event. The 24-year-old shooter from Ludhiana shot an impressive 386 with rounds of 98, 96, 96, 96. Heena shot a good 200.8 in the finals to clinch the silver. She now has the maximum medals in a World Cup by any Indian pistol shooter.
- Jens Stoltenberg appointed as Secretary General of NATO:- Jens Stoltenberg was appointed as the Secretary General of North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO). This was announced by the North Atlantic Council in Brussels in Belgium on 28 March 2014. Besides, he was also appointed as the Chairman of the North
Atlantic Council. Stoltenberg will take charges of Secretary General of NATO on 1 October 2014. He will replace the incumbent Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen, the former Prime Minister of Denmark.
- Nepal will hold the 18th SAARC Summit in Kathmandu:- on 14th November, the third time the country is hosting the event since the establishment of eight-member regional grouping in 1985. A cabinet meeting headed by Prime Minister Sushil Koirala on Thursday decided to hold the summit on 14th November and directed authorities to make necessary preparations for the successful summit, according to cabinet sources. Nepal had last hosted the 11th SAARC Summit in January 2002 and 3rd Summit in November 1987.
- India’s economy is likely to grow 5.5 per cent in 2014-15 as industrial output will recover to expand at 3.3 per cent:- According to the survey of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry, FICCI agriculture and services sector growth in the next financial year, at 3.3 per cent and 7 per cent respectively. It also estimates that growth in the fourth quarter of the current fiscal will pick up marginally to 5 per cent.
- ISSF World Cup: Heena Sidhu bags silver medal:- World number two air pistol shooter Heena Sidhu has clinched a silver medal at the ISSF World Cup in Fort Benning, the United States. The feat has taken Heena Sidhu closer to the numero uno spot in her event.
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund has bagged Morningstar award:- CICI Prudential Mutual Fund has bagged Morningstar India’s best fund house award in the debt, equity and multi-asset category. This for the first time in history of Morningstar India that a fund house has bagged all the top awards. The award, which recognises funds and fund houses that added most value for investors, is designed to help investors identify the year’s most exceptional funds and fund houses.
- World Telecommunications Development Conference begins in Dubai:- A 10 day long World Telecommunications Development Conference has begun at the Dubai World Trade Center. The event, with the theme, Broadband for Sustainable development has been organized by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the apex telecom body of the United Nations. More than 1,650 participants from 130 countries including India are taking part in the conference. A high level delegation from India led by the Telecom Secretary is attending the conference.
- Hamilton claims Malaysian Grand Prix:- Britain’s Lewis Hamilton won the Malaysian Grand Prix with a pole-to-flag victory ahead of Nico Rosberg on Sunday.