Book Name:- She Walks She Leads: Women Who Inspire India
Author Name:- Gunjan Jain
- Nita Ambani the chairperson and founder of Reliance Foundation launched the Indian Super League (IPL), on the lines of FIFA, to boost football in India.
- Sudha Murty the chairperson of the Infosys Foundation gave her savings to her husband, Narayana Murthy, to help start Infosys/
- Naina Lal Kidwai was the first Indian woman to graduate from Harvard Business School
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw started Biocon with a seed capital of Rs10,000
- At the age of sixteen, Sania Mirza became the youngest and the first Indian woman to win a Grand Slam
These are some snippets from the book, She Walks She Leads which profiles twenty-six iconic women in modern India. These leaders tell their personal and up close stories. Their relentless ambition to shatter the glass ceiling, the challenges that came their way and their pursuit for excellence – all of this is captured vividly in this exclusive anthology. Each chapter of this book is based on extensive research and has never-seen-before photographs of these luminaries and iconic women. The chapters are followed by interviews with their close confidants, companions, and friends who have seen them grow over the years. The women leaders profiled in the book come from different fields like cinema, sports, banking, media, fashion, industry, and philanthropy.